Wednesday, June 05, 2013

Saturday at the Art Institute with Ada

UntitledThanks to my company's corporate sponsorship of the Art Institute, I was able to go for free on Saturday. My plan had been to bring the whole family, but Zoe was recovering from a sleepover the night before and was super grumpy.

Ada was thrilled to have me all to herself, and I marveled at her stamina as she walked from our house to the train, the train to the Art Institute, up and down the halls of the museum, through Millennium Park and Daley Plaza and back home. I earned my 15k step badge on my Fitbit, and my legs are twice as long as hers!

When we arrived at the Art Institute, Ada marched up to the information desk and asked the way to Mary Cassatt, one of her favorite painters. We looked through all the American Art galleries and then headed to the Modern Wing, where there were a bunch of family activities, including self-portraiture.


After the Art Institute, we checked out the crowds at Millennium Park's fountain and Cloud Gate--or, as Ada calls it "The Big Bean."

Untitled
We heard a dozen different languages as people snapped pictures and marveled over our beautiful city. We even got to see a Quincenera party pose for portraits with the Bean in the background.
Untitled