Sunday, December 14, 2008

Apparently I now have two girly-girls

16-month-old A saw me rooting through her bin of 18-24 month old clothes (which, incidentally, is almost empty as she fits into nearly everything) and her eyes came to rest on a brown floral corduroy dress her grandparents purchased for her a few months ago.

She smiled and grabbed at the dress. "Mine!"

"You want to wear this dress?" I asked. She nodded emphatically and raised her arms. A assist me in the dressing process? You could have knocked me over with a feather. This is a kid who screams when I dare put clothes on her. But I put the dress on and she was super pleased with herself. She patted it, twirled around and generally looked adorable in it all Saturday.

And again on Sunday. I'd put her in pants and a long-sleeved t-shirt Sunday morning, but she saw her sister's version of the dress hanging on a hook (the grandparents had purchased them as a matching set), and she freaked out, tugging on it and shouting "Mine! Mine!"

So her brown dress came out again for a second wearing on Sunday, this time in tandem with her big sister. Hopefully she'll let me launder it before she insists on donning it again.

What is it with little girls and dresses anyway?