Saturday, August 07, 2010

BlogHer part 1

You know the feeling you got at sleepaway camp when so much was packed into every day that 24 hours felt like a week? That's BlogHer for me. I'll have to break down my days into a few different posts, so let's start with day 1.

Thanks to the wonder of Twitter, I found a cab share from the airport and a roommate for the conference. I exchanged hellos with Kristen Chase and crossed the lobby to my IRL friend and neighbor Carrie and one of her roommates (whom she'd only just met too). We walked a few blocks to Le Pain Quotidien, and had lunch.

Around 3 o'clock our room was ready, so Anna and I unpacked and got to know each other a little bit. Then it was off to my first party suite. I thought I'd go straight from the suite to "A Little Night Music," but I got such generous swag that I had to head back to the hotel to drop it off. I met Meagan, Sandie, Michelle, Stacey and a couple of others whose business cards I either didn't grab or lost. Bernadette Peters led a top-notch cast and our second-row seats weren't too shabby either. After the show, Sandie, Michelle, Carrie and I headed to Shake Shack and walked through Times Square, which was still hopping with throngs of people and costumed characters at 11 at night.

IMG_0244
Carrie, Sandie and me (I'm wearing airbrush makeup--can you tell?)

IMG_0250
New York's finest were looking fine

Back at the Hilton, Carrie and I met up with TheChicagoMom's founder MJ Tam and fellow writers Beth Rosen and Duong Sheahan for a glass of wine. Then it was bedtime for bunny.