Thursday, September 27, 2007

Sweet dreams are made of these

"Mommy, I can't sleep."

With tonight's premiere of The Office starting (yeah, we don't have Tivo), I wasn't in the mood to make a lot of repeat trips up the stairs to help Z fall asleep. So, in a moment of sheer inspiration, I told her I'd find some special magic to help her sleep. Without a plan, I opened the hall closet. I figured I'd find some baby powder I could call sleep sprinkles, but it wasn't there. I grabbed a never-used bath pouf and carried it into her room.

"This is a very special, very magical sleeping cloud. I'll touch your back with it and you'll fall right asleep."

"A sleeping cloud? Can I hold it? I want to keep it."

She cuddled the bath pouf to her cheek and shut her eyes. I ran out of her room, barely able to keep my giggles quiet. It took me a couple of minutes to explain to Josh what I'd done, I was laughing so hard.

We haven't heard a peep since.