Saturday, November 13, 2010

Knit nite

IMG_1395
Friday evening I hosted my neighborhood knitting group (the one I joined with my friend Kim about 9 months ago). A dozen women descended on my living room for 3+ hours of wine, talk and the chance to repeatedly screw up our projects by drinking and talking. I served a Middle Eastern-inspired spread of Sabra hummus and Stacy's pita chips (courtesy of House Party), stuffed grape leaves, Trader Joe's spanikopita, feta-tomato-cucumber skewers and baklava. Josh made a lovely pitcher of Rachael Ray's Sunset Sangria and since everyone brought a bottle of wine, I was skating with a hangover at this morning's 8am Derby practice.

Miraculously I finished A and Z's matching elfin hats amidst the chit-chat and hosting duties. And perhaps even more miraculously, the girls went to sleep to (as Josh described it) a lot of loud cackling.
IMG_1394
The hats, which are quick and simple to make, are the cover pattern on More Last-Minute Knitted Gifts.