Friday, October 22, 2010

Friday shopping report: Uniqlo crazy


Thanks to an extravagant shopping spree at my favorite store, Uniqlo (with only one US location--in NYC), I have a lot to confess on today's Friday Shopping Report.

So what does $393 buy you at the store my co-worker aptly described as "H&M meets J. Crew?" Well, in addition to the camel sweater and cordless chocolate brown skinny cords pictured here (photo credit goes to my 5 year old--please excuse my messy hair and lack of makeup), I got two cotton long sleeve t-shirts, a black turtleneck sweater, two pairs of striped socks, a fitted shiny black down jacket and two items from their thin-yet-warm HEATTECH collection, a raspberry turtleneck and a pair of black leggings.

I also picked up an orange down jacket, a flannel shirt and three pairs of socks for Josh (I think I mentioned already that Josh was just outside the store pushing A in her stroller when he saw The Boss, Bruce Springsteen).

Anyway, I'm thrilled with my purchases and feeling just stylish enough to show my face at today's Gilt Groupe Blogger Brunch at the Peninsula Hotel. So excited!

Okay, confession is still not quite over. I'm embarrassed to admit I also bought an embellished tunic top ($24) and a dark blue sweater dress ($49) from Nordstrom Rack. But that's it, I promise. No Groupon-style purchases were made this week.