Friday, October 15, 2010

Friday shopping report: Wine, cupcakes and a very special book

My name is Alma, and I'm addicted to social shopping websites.

Wine
This week I bought this Red Wine Tasting pack from MyWinesDirect, paying with a Groupon + about $7 in tax. Shipping was free.

Cupcakes
Two different sites, Groupon and Plum District, offered special deals for Bleeding Heart Bakery, which has a location close to our house in Oak Park. I snapped up both, which means a dozen cupcakes and a box of assorted bakery treats (including their delicious scones, brownies and cake balls) are our future.

Prudent Advice for My Baby Daughter
I bought two copies of my exceptionally talented friend Jaime Curtis' beautiful book, Prudent Advice: Lessons for My Baby Daughter, (A Life List for Every Woman). You can be sure I'll have her autograph them when she comes to Chicago for a party later this week.

Also, the Gap
As I wrote earlier, I also hit the Gap on Monday, scoring a pair of black pants for only $35. Buying the pants was a headache, but I'm thrilled with how they look.