Monday, March 31, 2008

I'm not going to BlogHer

Who puts the mommy in mommyblogger?

After a weekend of deliberation, I've decided that I really can't justify the expense of attending BlogHer this July. If I was a serious blogger instead someone who just does this for fun, I'd treat the $400 flight, $200 registration fee and cash outlay for hotel and taxis an investment.

But I'm not. I'm more blogging mommy than mommyblogger, and while I'm charmed as hell that a few hundred people like to read about my exploits in pottytraining, I'm no Dooce. That said, I'll miss circulating at the Silicon Valley/Chicago/NYC/DC/LA Moms Blog Party, stuffing my suitcase with swag and meeting some of my favorite bloggers in person, but this way I'll be able take my kids backstage at the Pitchfork Music Festival and celebrate Baby A's birthday with a backyard barbecue.