Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Some items are smaller than they may appear

I had my 4 month follow-up appointment with Dr. Kraff yesterday and made my standard appeal for more sample eye drops. I had a different, less generous tech this time, so I only got 2 samples. And as you can see, there was no need to get excited about what appeared to be a generously sized sample bottle of Systane Balance. Because eye droppers may be significantly smaller than the packaging. The other sample, Blink Tears, came in a box 1/3 the size of the Systane, but contained 50% more artificial tears.

Anyway. My vision is now 20/20. Hurray for PRK!

Other things that surprised me recently:

  • Z turned down a school lunch corn dog (a turkey and whole grain corn dog, to be specific) in favor of a packed lunch (PB & Nutella). 
  • A learned to roller skate--marching style--at Lombard Roller Rink on Saturday. And in spite of the fact that she never figured out how to speed up or glide and fell a fair amount, she was nearly impossible to drag off the floor and cried all the way out of the building.
  • I like olives! I've been an olive-abstainer my entire life, having been turned off early by some pimento and black olive on pizza nastiness, but thanks to some amazing house-made olives at Mario Batali's OTTO and Chicago's own Longman and Eagle, I've changed my tune. I think I'll be paying a visit to the olive bar at my local Whole Foods very soon.