Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Single mamas, this one's for you

The end is in sight. Tomorrow Josh returns from his bachelor-like existence in NYC (rock shows, the Met and endless take-out food).

In the meantime, let me take this opportunity to bow down before all single parents. I don't know how you do it. I don't know how anyone can work full time, parent a toddler and still find the time and energy to prepare meals, clean the house and get the nine million other household tasks accomplished in a mere 24 hours.

I'm pretty proud I managed as much as I did. Because let me tell you: I've been spoiled. This week I learned how much I appreciate Josh. I managed to fill in, cooking (well, sort of), loading and unloading the dishwasher, washing pots and pans, doing laundry, taking out the trash (and lugging it to the curb), feeding and watering the cats, scooping cat poop, and cleaning up (particularly since our cleaning lady called to say she couldn't make it on Wednesday). Plus, I dealt with a few surprises, shoveling and sweeping the walk and fixing the upstairs toilet. Oh, and I lugged around some furniture and reorganized Z's toys since our new storage ottomans arrived today.