Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Yesterday, today and tomorrow

Yesterday I had conversation-filled dinner with three fabulous fellow bloggers, the mommy guilt-free Devra Renner, fellow U of C grad and erotica author Mary Anne Mohanraj and MOMformation czar Kim Moldofsky. We met at the Moroccan restaurant Andalous, where I had a dish that resembled nothing so much as a giant chicken baklava. Seriously, it was a nutty chicken dish wrapped in phyllo pastry and dusted with cinnamon and powdered sugar.

Today I cast my vote for Barack Obama. While he and Hillary Clinton don't differ dramatically on policy, I feel strongly that Obama can provide the inspiration and leadership we're hungry for in this country. I also feel that electing a fresh new voice, the son of a Kenyan man and a Kansas farm girl, will help redeem America in the eyes of the rest of the world.

Tomorrow is my last day at Ogilvy.

Photo from Mary Anne's iPhone