Thursday, October 23, 2008

Hit the showers, kid

Z's decided she prefers showers to baths, particularly baths that include her little sister hogging the faucet and belly-flopping around like an ill-trained seal. She's pretty independent too, singing, stomping and splashing until I come in and squirt some lavender-scented baby wash on her hand and instruct her to wash herself, "stinky parts first."

I'm fortunate to have a such water babies for kids. Not only does Z enjoy her independent showers, A is crazy for baths as well. For weeks her only bath toys have been a pitcher and a cup, and it's still all I can do to get her clothes and diaper off before she's climbed in and started filling cups, pouring water, drinking it and blowing bubbles.
DSC_0085
There's no taking her out until every last drop has drained.

Apparently my blog wasn't taking comments on the day this posted, but I got an interesting email from Kim, who said "I think you have stumbled upon the solution to your cranky mornings with Z! I, too, had cranky mornings with Big T (he's 10) until we began starting each day with a shower. The warm water spray seems to revive him and his good humor and we actually enjoy breakfast and the ready-for-school routine. This wisdom was passed along to me by another Mom. You might try sending her to the shower first thing. Good luck!"