Thursday, May 07, 2009

Mother's Day is on its way

Only two more days until the world's biggest Hallmark holiday, and I'm not leaving anything to chance. I ordered handmade-but-not-by-me gifts for my mother and mother-in-law from Etsy. They might not arrive on time, but I'm supporting self-employed artisans instead of pesticide-spewing multi-national floral companies.

Because I believe in asking for what I want, I've requested a new bathrobe for Mother's Day. I love jewelry (preferably inexpensive stuff that it won't kill me to lose), but my bathrobe situation is dire. I'm using a hand-me-down Victoria's Secret bathrobe that my mom got back in 1985. Seriously. It was pink once upon a time. Now it's shrimpy pinkish white terry, threadbare and sporting a 5 inch hole at the neck.

I've also made our Mother's Day plans. We're heading to Starved Rock State Park in Utica, about 90 miles from Chicago, where we'll spend the night in a cabin and take in a little nature.

The pictures are from this morning. Instead of biking the mile to school, Z wanted to run.