Wednesday, May 20, 2009

No more double stroller here

IMG_5530
I sold our Phil and Teds Sport Buggy a few months ago, recouping $275 of the $400 I spent on the stroller. After two years, neither kid wanted to ride on the bottom. And really, who could blame them?

I thought about buying a cheap umbrella double stroller, but so far I haven't needed to as Z's become quite the little bicyclist. Since warm weather arrived, she's walked or biked the 1 mile to and from preschool each morning.

I'm a stickler for helmet use and Z's wearing a new one this year, a Bell TrueFit helmet. Bell sent it to me along with an adult TrueFit helmet, and I can't tell you how happy we are with our new headgear. It really is easy to adjust to fit just right and it's comfortable. More important to Z, it sports a cute fairy design.
IMG_5529
As you can see here, the band in the back--in addition to sporting large reflectors--is a nice, stretchy elastic. Best of all, Bell helmets are widely available and very affordable--usually no more than $20 each.