Friday, March 19, 2010

I've been (food) poisoned

I still remember the last time I had food poisoning. Josh and I ate a bag of some frozen orangey-Asian dish from Trader Joe's and woke up in agony. Z was about 6 months old and as rookie parents we couldn't figure out how we were supposed to take care of her when both of us were curled up in the fetal position on the bathroom floor, so we called some childless friends who swooped in and entertained her for a few hours.

Well, the barf-and-backdoor-agony is back. Fortunately I'm the only one affected, which narrows the culprit food down to a single dish--the only one Josh and I didn't share. Rick Bayless, your Alaskan Cod with Chorizo was more than a little off last night. Seriously, I've been poisoned by French street food, an Asian frozen dinner and a meal by the winner of Top Chef? The most expensive meal I've enjoyed in a year?!? I'm struck dumb.

Anyway, I huddled under my blankets from 4am to 4pm, leaving only to bolt into the bathroom. Oh, about every 15 minutes. But it's 4:15 now and I'm bathed and dressed and alive--if more than a little weak and shaky.

Naturally this happened on the first 70 degree day of the year--a day when my entire team was going out to (a free) lunch. At one of my favorite downtown restaurants. I'll guess I'll just take solace in the fact that no food sounds appetizing to me right about now.