Monday, September 08, 2008

On a Sunday afternoon

IMG_3323
IMG_3330
We had fun playing and feeding the ducks at Proksa Park before meeting Kara and Jeff and their kids for some delicious Mayan food at Xni Pec in Cicero and icy Mexican ice cream at Flamingo's. Our adventure kept Baby A up an hour after her bedtime, but she was so thrilled with her new ability to walk and the attentions of three big kids that she didn't fuss at all.

On a completely unrelated note, this morning Z woke up crying that her left ear hurt. She was completely out of sorts until I got her to drink some cranberry juice that I'd spiked with Motrin. Twenty minutes later she was herself again, but I still took her to the Take Care clinic at Walgreens, where the CNP diagnosed her with an ear infection, her very first.

I'd never used one an in-pharmacy walk-in clinics before, but I was pleasantly surprised with how thorough the nurse was and with her warm, caring manner. We walked in when they opened at 8, we were seen at 8:07, and we had our prescription in hand by 8:30. I wasn't even late to work.

Here's another video of A walking.