Sunday, September 14, 2008

Where's my ark?

I've never seen so much water! And neither has the rest of the Chicago. This weekend brought us the worst rain our city's seen in 137 years. Yes, you read that right.

We tried to go to the zoo this morning so that the kids could play in the indoor Hamill Play Area, but flooded roads kept us away. So we went to the Garfield Park Conservatory, where leaky roofs brought the outside inside. We followed our rainforest adventure with lunch at The Brown Sack, which is so kid-friendly the staff played children's music and asked if we'd like to have the paprika left off our mac and cheese. I also had the best milkshake of my life. Chocolate peanut butter.

If the rain slows to a sprinkle, we'll be heading to the Renegade Craft Fair this afternoon. Because I'd rather be wet than stir-crazy.