Thursday, January 29, 2009

Bronzed, but beautiful?

I went to this Women Who Wine event at HouseRed (a wine store) last night, a kind of face-to-face cocktail party for moms from the Oak Park area who subscribe to MomMail. Turns out I knew 3 women there in addition to the 3 friends I'd encouraged to come.

And aside from sampling wines, nibbling on appetizers and meeting a lot of fun, outgoing people, I got spray-tanned.

No, I didn't take it all off, but I did strip down to my bra before stepping into local esthetician Kristie's personal spray tan tent (imported from Australia!) and getting misted with tanning solution. Hey, it was free! I was curious!

Anyway, I now look about as gold as I've ever been in my life. I'm a slave to the SPF, so I don't think I've been this brown since I was a teenager. It's a little disconcerting, but I do think it disguises all my skin imperfections pretty well.