Thursday, January 01, 2009

In Arlington

As far as travel with two small children goes, today's trip from Chicago to Northern Virginia was a piece of cake. Our Southwest flight had plenty of room to spare and Josh and I divided and conquered. He sat with Z (and her new Leapster). I entertained A with board books and snacks before she finally fell asleep 30 minutes before we landed.

The girls took exactly 0 minutes to reaquaint themselves with my mom (Nanny) and her husband, Rick, and we spent an easy afternoon reading books, romping around and playing the handful of toys my mom keeps around for their amusement.

The girls are sharing a bedroom for the first time tonight. A's been asleep for about an hour, but Z's in there "reading" books by faux candlelight. Hopefully we'll all get some rest tonight, but I don't have my hopes up.