Sunday, April 12, 2009

I sent my plate back (oh, horrors!)

Josh and I went to May Street Market for dinner last night and while my appetizer (tuna and salmon tartare) was delicious, my entree was inedibly salty. I hesitated for a moment, trying to decide what to do, but when our server came back to ask how everything was, I admitted it was too salty to eat.

And what followed was textbook customer service. They didn't make me feel like a squeaky wheel, but apologized that the dish was not to my taste. They asked me if I'd like to have it remade or if I'd rather choose something else. I opted for the turkey burger (with no bun) and they brought it out as quickly as possible, checking in with me a couple more times to make sure I was happy. And the bonus? They didn't charge me for either entree! Go May Street Market!

We finished our meal with coffees and an awesome creme brulee that was make with chevre and served with a ball of blackberry sorbet.