Tuesday, July 21, 2009

3 things that made me smile today

1. I no longer feel like the lone blogger among my real live friends. Vanessa's Workaholic Mama blog is gaining momentum, thanks in no small part to Jeanne's highly bookmarkable guest post, the Cheap Wine Taste Test. I'd be printing this piece out and driving over to Trader Joe's right now if a) I wasn't laughing/choking on wine right this instant and b) they were open this late.

2. I hit the Chicago Sidewalk Sale at Daley Plaza during lunch and scored a new dress and a rockin' wide purple belt from Chicago boutique Michelle Tan. I don't have much in the way of designer clothes in my closet, so it was exciting to buy something that doesn't have an Old Navy, H&M or Ann Taylor Loft tag in it. And the best part? Since everything was super marked down, I spent less than $100 total.

3. A sushi restaurant opened a block and a half from my house! I met my friend Gloria, whom I've barely seen in the past few months, for a lovely dinner of soup, sashimi and maki at Sushi Sen (on Oak Park Avenue, between Harrison and Jackson). I'm going to do my damnedest to see that this local restaurant stays in business.
Sushi Sen