Thursday, August 13, 2009

Midwestern public toilets: here we come!

Our truck in packed with 2 suitcases, 1 pack n play, 1 stroller and some beach towels. To the main cabin, we've added a dozen books, a bag full of My Little Ponies, Happy Meal and Strawberry Shortcake dolls, an iPod full of music, a gajillion snacks and a 2-screen DVD player on loan from friends.

We're hitting the road after lunch. We plan to be in the Quad Cities for dinner and ice cream and Iowa City by bedtime. A should be thrilled. The kid loves using public toilets so much that we may very well hear "I go pee-pee potty!" more than "Are we there yet?"

This is our first road trip with the kids, so pretty please, leave a comment with your best-- or, better yet, worst--road trip memories. I'll have my Blackberry with me in the car, and I promise to read aloud every last word. At least while Josh is driving.