Monday, April 12, 2010

Chicago Moms Blog updates!

Check out my latest Chicago Moms Blog post, inspired by Parent Ed night at Z's Montessori school.

And speaking of the Chicago Moms Blog, I drugged myself up with Zyrtec, Sudafed, Nasonex and some antibiotic eye drops and hit the Brands and Bloggers party at the Hard Rock Hotel yesterday. There was an interesting roundtable discussion of the future of marketer-mom blogger relationships (also the subject of my presentation next month) and a cool mixer afterwards.

I got to hang out with some of my favorite bloggers, Carrie the Frugalista (my ride), Caitlin from A Hen and Three Chicks, Kim from Hormone-Colored Days, Shari of Two Times the Fun, Lisa from Hannemaniacs, Farrah of Baby Love Slings, Cynthia the Nap Warden, Self Made Mom and slow-blogger Sara, and newcomer/fellow OPT-member (she recognized Z from the tots class years ago) Emily from West of the Loop.

I also got to meet with brand representatives and take home bags of valuable swag and coupons (you'll hear more about it later as I try stuff out). It was a good day to be a mommyblogger. (Just not such a good day to have a sinus infection.)