Thursday, March 22, 2007

"I'm a mommy"

This morning as we were enjoying our breakfast, Z demanded "hot chocolate" and further requested I serve it to her in my ceramic coffee mug. I told her that we were all out of chocolate, but I would be happy to warm up her milk. She settled for warm milk ("just like Mommy's coffee"), but insisted I serve it to her in a grown-up mug. What the heck, I thought, grabbing a stained promotional mug from the cabinet and dumping the contents of her sippy cup into it. I warmed the milk in the microwave for a 20 seconds and served it to her, letting her stir in two teaspoons worth of my coffee.

The kid was as pleased as punch, sipping with grace and saying, "I'm a Mommy. I need to finish my coffee and go to work! I work on the computer and go meetings! I'm a Mommy. I have a coffee mustache!"