Thursday, August 09, 2007

Could it be the perfect baby carrier?

I have a love-hate affair with both my baby carriers. The Over the Shoulder Baby Holder padded sling is cute but my back hurts after wearing it for more than 30 minutes. Franny loaned me her Baby Bjorn Active, which is an improvement over the classic Bjorn but not entirely perfect.

Enter the Hug-a-Bub. I'd seen my friend and ubermom Deb wear her daughter in it for hours, so I dropped her an email asking if could give it a try. Later this afternoon it was sitting on my front porch. I put A down for a nap in her crib and popped in the instructional DVD. Low and behold, just as the movie gets to the part about putting in the baby, A cries out (I guess she wanted in). I placed her in the carrier and she's been sleeping peacefully in it ever since.

More importantly, I'm comfortable wearing her. Perhaps this will be our sanity tonight. Last night an overtired, distraught A fussed and refused to fall asleep until close to 11pm.