Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Eight things about me

I'm tickled to be tagged by Whitney from Rookie Moms for the “8 Random Facts About Me” meme. I love her website and blog--not only because it is well-written, funny and full of great ideas, but because we're in the same boat, having had our kids at the nearly the same time and in the same ways: C-section followed by VBAC.

First, the Rules:

1) Post these rules before you give your facts

2) List 8 random facts about yourself

3) At the end of your post, choose (tag) people and list their names, linking to them

4) Leave a comment on their blog, letting them know they’ve been tagged

And now… my facts:

1) I am a Foreign Service brat, but aside from three years in Islamabad, Pakistan, I didn't live in terribly exotic locations while growing up.

2) I learned to knit five years ago, and I'm most proud of the queen-sized, cabled blanket that took me an entire winter to put together. Now that I've got a baby on my hands, I am on knitting hiatus.

3) In 1997, my boyfriend, now my husband, was so appalled I'd never been to Disney World or Disneyland as a child that he insisted we take a trip to Orlando. It was OK.

4) When my first daughter was 11 weeks old we took her on vacation to Hawaii for a family reunion. People thought we were crazy, but there is no easier travel companion than a tiny, nursing baby.

5) I always put a spoonful of peanut butter on my breakfast bowl of Cheerios.

6) I never thought I would be the primary breadwinner in my family, but I am completely comfortable with our situation. (And liking my job helps a lot!)

7) I love movies, books and music, but I can never remember the titles of anything I've enjoyed. This amuses my entertaiment critic of a husband to no end.

8) I played varsity softball for two years.

And I tag you:

Franny at Minding Mizz

Meagan at Equilibrium

Christine at Firefly Mama

Shannan at Mommy Bits

Eleanor at Little Bigfoot

Emily at Gabby's Gab