Saturday, February 14, 2009

The Valentine's Day that wasn't

I finally got wished a "Happy Valentine's Day" today at 7:36pm, just as Josh was heading out the door to a concert he's assigned to review.

No flowers. No cards. No chocolate or lingerie.

No surprise, really. Fortunately for him, my expectations were pretty darn low. Sure, I didn't do anything for him, but I feel like I get a pass because 1. I'd fully feted his birthday just three days ago and 2. I'm the girl. Doesn't that count for something?

Anyway, it's a stupid Hallmark holiday so I can't get the lacy red panties I didn't get in a bunch. If Josh is smart (or reading this), maybe he'll surprise me later with a heart-shaped box of candy from the Walgreen's clearance aisle or flowers on a day when they're not marked up 50%. That would be a man after my own heart.