Wednesday, February 11, 2009

You shouldn't do laundry on your birthday

Today is Josh's birthday. In his honor, I took him out to breakfast at the Depot American Diner and then bored him nearly to death at Target. I was combining a typical stock-up trip (diapers, contact solution, laundry detergent) with a store check for work, which means I spent a good deal of time taking stealth photos of beauty displays.

Tonight I'm taking Josh out again, this time to HotChocolate, and we'll also be swinging by the Alliance Bakery, where there's a lemon and fresh raspberry cake with his name on the buttercream. I'm also helping him pick out and buy a new suit at some point. He bought his current one for our wedding, almost 10 years ago!

But I think my nicest present of all is going to have to be my forgiveness. Josh threw a never-been-washed-before green throw rug into the laundry with a white load today and ruined every last item in the wash. But since it's his birthday, I officially don't care.

Update: I had a glass of wine and the cheddar melt, which was amazing: pumpernickel bread, artisanal cheddar, local honey and a side of granny smith apple slaw. Josh had mixed greens with pomegranate seeds and the duck cassoulet, which looked very rich. We split the peanut butter cup milkshake and went home for teeny weeny slices of his birthday cake. I swear I went to bed looking 5 months pregnant with a food baby.