Thursday, September 10, 2009

Funny sh*t my kids do and say

I've got a mild case of blogger's block, so instead of dazzling you with my thoughts on President Obama's health care speech, the 3 1/2 hour preschool board meeting that I was stuck in during the speech or the fairly tedious projects I'm tackling at work, I'm going to pimp out my cuties. They've got plenty to say.

Z, upon seeing my blow-dried hair this morning, asked, "Why is your hair so straight?"
"Because I got a haircut and the lady who cut it straightened it. Don't you think it looks nice?" I responded.
"I think it hangs in your face."

Minutes later I was trying to get A dressed, and I kid you not, this is what she said. "I wanna wear a costume! I bumble bee costume. Or a pin-sess. Where's my tutu?" After getting her out of the silky slip--my silky slip--she was wearing as a floor-length gown, I finally coaxed her into a sailor dress by claiming it was a sailor costume for boat riding. I can't wait for the Halloween sales to start because this kid loves to dress up.

After breakfast, A caught a glimpse of Z's underwear and realized her big sister had helped herself to her Little Mermaid panties. The newly (nearly) potty trained one threw a fit until Z disrobed and the two girls exchanged underpants. "It's okay, Mommy," Z reassured me, "we pretty much wear the same size."

The final anecdote I was not there to witness, but apparently A saw a squirrel on the back porch and yelled to Josh, "Der's a mouse in da house!"