Friday, August 27, 2010

Friday shopping report

Dansko shoes
How's this for a surprise: my sister, who lives in Australia, discovered a cute little shoe store in Oak Park and told me that all their Camper and Dansko shoes were 40% off. I raced over to Shoe Soko the next day and found this adorable pair of olive green Mary Janes for just under $80 with tax.

I'm a latecomer to the Dansko party as their clogs don't fit my feet at all, but earlier this year I bought a pair of Dansko gold sandals and I've worn them virtually every day this summer. They're that comfortable.


A Book
I had a $10 Borders gift card and a 20% off coupon burning a hole in my pocket, so I bought a copy of Kate Atkinson's When Will There Be Good News? I hadn't headed in knowing what book I was going to buy, so my decision was based on the cover and insight page, which were chock-full of critical acclaim.

Another Groupon
I couldn't resist the $40 Groupon worth $85 at MyWinesDirect, so I bought it.