Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Screw fear, I'm getting Lasik!

IMG_0723
I've considered getting Lasik every fall for the past 12 or so years, but this year I'm finally gathering up my nerve (and $4100!) and going under the knife laser. My ragweed allergies have become so unbearable I can't wear contacts at all and I hate wearing glasses.

I had my initial screening at the Kraff Eye Institute during my lunch hour today, and because I'm never one to move slowly, I immediately canceled last week's contact lenses order and booked my Lasik procedure for this Friday afternoon!

For those of you curious about the process, I have a 2 hour pre-operative appointment tomorrow and a 2 hours surgery appointment on Friday at 1:30. I'll be given Valium and numbing eye drops before the operation and should be ready to walk out of there by 3:30pm. I may miss Kol Nidre services that night, but I should be fully functioning for Saturday morning.

It kind of blows my mind. Not unlike looking up and seeing Z at the top of her elementary school climbing apparatus. Or can I still call it monkey bars?