Sunday, January 21, 2007

Weekend highlights

Sports highlight 1: Our Chavurah had an adults-only evening featuring Cuban food and bowling and I don't know if it was the added weight around my midsection or the fact that I'd never bowled completely sober before, but I managed a bowling score of 100 during both of the games I played. I usually score in the 45-65 point range.

Sports highlight 2: The Bears trounced the New Orleans Saints, which means Chicago's going to the Super Bowl for the first time in over 20 years. I am not a football fan, but I'm excited for my city. The burning question: will there be another Super Bowl Shuffle?

And, for some non-athletic highlights, I thought I'd round of a couple of the latest things to come out of Z's mouth.

"You look like a zebra, Daddy." (Josh was wearing a black, gray and white striped shirt this morning.)
"This store has a whole candy section!" (At Target, which does indeed have a whole "Want Sweet?" aisle)
"I want dos! Dos are only for girls who go potty." (In the Target snack food aisle, pointing at some awful looking food called YoGos)
"I'm wearing a diaper, Mommy?" (Said moments before a blissful look crossed her face and her diaper became sopping wet)