Monday, April 07, 2008

I can't blog while the sun is shining

Spring arrived in Chicago and we spent virtually the whole weekend out of the house. I attended only the second home party of my life (CAbi clothes, if you must know), raked my yard, met my neighbor Amy's new baby boy, hit the Brookfield Zoo with Gloria and her family, pulled boxes of summer clothes out of storage and reacquainted myself with tee shirts I haven't worn in two years.

We also spent hours at our local playground, chatting with neighbors and watching our kids coat themselves in the sandy grit that translates into daily baths from now through September.

We capped a wonderful--if exhausting--weekend with a Chavurah adults-only dinner at Opera. The South Loop Chinese-fusion restaurant has a great Sunday night deal: any appetizer, entree and dessert on the menu for only $28.95 a person. Considering many of the entrees cost that much alone, it's a bargain.