Monday, April 07, 2008

A new way to fish

We eat a lot of salmon, but Josh and I were getting tired of the same old sauteed salmon and couscous that'd we'd been eating--oh, at least twice a month for the past 6 months. So I volunteered to cook Saturday night and made this Real Simple recipe for Roast Salmon and Vegetables with Barbecue Sauce that I had ripped out of the magazine over a year ago. It was the first time I'd ever cooked fennel and even though I used less salmon than called for, the results were outstanding.

I brought a pile of magazines home (I can get free unclaimed subscriptions from the agency mail room) and flagged a bunch of yummy-looking recipes. At the very least we should be able to get out of the same-old, same-old rut and perhaps we'll find a few more keepers for my go-to binder of favorites.